Happy Summer dear Readers!! Wait, is summer really A HAPPY THING to celebrate?? 😨
Okay, I know, as soon as we speak about summer, we initially get the idea of Drought, No rain, No water and Dried up plants and trees, dried up gardens, non-flowering season etc. But…. Do you know that there is a plant type which can survive the harsh sun?😯 Yes I am speaking about the Cactus plant😁 and especially the Flowering Cactus plants( Yes Cactus produce flowers!!). They are a real treat to the human eyes😇😇.
Usually Cactus plants are looked after as fencing plants and decorative plants, but in India, we use it to ward of negative energy😎 (Yes, we are special) and hence these plants are usually planted in front of the house. Not going too much into this Indian belief, I would like to tell you as to how to look after this plant.
1) This plant is suitable only in such places with hot climatic conditions throughout the year.
2) It requires atleast 6–8 hours of sunlight.
3) Does not require much water and maintenance.
4) Can be planted in pot and also on ground.
5) Does not require any type of Fertilizers.
6) Needs a well draining soil.
7) If you follow the above steps correctly, your cactus plant can scale upto more than 40 feet. 😰
That’s it and remember not to loiter with these plants.. As there are chances of them striking back at you with their sharp Spiky Thorns 😂😂.